This shoot was inspired by the body paint collaboration between Grace Jones, Keith Haring, and Andy Warhol. This idea that I had was heavily influenced by Keith Haring's work on the
As I talk this into my phone, Lula's dancing. Rhi’s painting. I feel safe and held in their company. Free to be whatever I am in this moment. Free to express any thought that comes to mind. I found my flow on Saturday and I don't want to forget how I got there. To get myself into the zone I allowed myself to nest around the paper and surround myself by all the options I wanted to experiment playing with. Nesting helps me address the scarcity mindset that plagues my mind through generational trauma. It creates the visual representation of abundance around me which helps me use materials without worrying that I should be using them sparingly. I started playing, I wanted to use spirographs because I never got to use the spirographs at make your mark and so I got to use all the different shapes and sizes and did a little snake. I didn't realise I was making a snake but was intentionally making a caterpillar/ worm vibe probably because of Rhi being in the same space as me (they...
I adore how the colours came out in the editing process of this photograph. The vibrancy gives me so much energy and adds power and drama to the composition. The effortless anonymity that the sunglasses bring to the face as I channelled my inner Andy Warhol. I cropped myself slightly off centre to represent how I am different and played with the levels in the colours to represent the two cultures that are a part of me. Blue for France and Red for England. The pink blend in the middle of the two colours is who I am. The pattern that Rhiana painted onto me led me to feel as if I was wearing a harness and less bare so my strength grew stronger with the paint on me. The wispy hair strands signify the imperfection and free will of nature and humanity. The outline around my forehead almost turns the layer of paint into a mask that I am wearing and makes me look more doll like. I hope to be able to print this photo out professionally in the next semester and print it out huge! The impact...
Here's a quote for you from Edvard Munch Prints by Peter Black and Magne Bruteig (2009) : "Thus, just as his great project during the 1890s – later known as T he Frieze of Life – may be exhibited in his paintings, it may also be exhibited in his graphic versions. The plural "versions" is deliberate here; one of the effects of Munch's almost childlike joy in experimenting was that impressions of the same print might be very different […] Some impressions are hand coloured, whilst others are not, and the majority of his intaglio prints are found in a number of different states, i.e. impressions pulled at various stages of the artist work on the plate." The way that Munch's experimentation is described in this book really inspired me to rethink how I create. I often play with photoshop and find points where I'm happy and want to stop because I feel like I've made something but I also want to keep going to see what else I could make with it which ...
Comments
Post a Comment